Bird Dog & Retriever News
Bird Dog Trivia Answers
Bird Dog Quiz© Answers
Bird Dog Trivia© Answers
1. Which bird dog breed is known as the grey ghost?
2. Which bird dog breed is known as the Hungarian Pointer?
3. Which bird dog breed has the longest name?
Wirehair Pointing Griffon
4. Which bird dog breed is known as the red dog?
5. Which bird dog breed is known for tolling?
None, tolling is not natural for bird dogs. Nova Scotia Duck
Tolling Retrievers are known for tolling.
6. Which bird dog breed was created in the U.S.?
None, all bird dog breeds are continental. The only exceptions
may be the Red Setter and the Llewellin Setter. But actually they
are also from Europe.
7. Which bird dog breed is known as the spaghetti dog?
The Italian Spinone
8. Which bird dog breed has the tallest breed standard?
9. Which bird dog breed has the shortest breed standard?
10. Which bird dog breed has the heaviest breed standard?
11. Which three bird dog breeds share two of three words in
German Shorthair Pointer, German Longhair Pointer, German
12. Which four bird dog breeds share one of their two words
in their name?
English Setter, Gordon Setter, Irish Setter, Llewellin Setter,
throw in Red Setter too
13. Which bird dog breed is known as the grand daddy of all
English Pointer, it one of the oldest of all bird dogs and
it's genes run strong in most bird dog breeds
14. What is the difference between a setter and a pointer?
Basically setters have long hair and pointers short. Setters
were once taught to lie down when pointing, while pointers hold
high. They were both designed to set or hold game when found.
15. What bird dog breed is most registered by the A.K.C.?
The German Shorthair
16. What bird dog breed may not be taken into Mexico?
None, trick question, gotcha
17. What two bird dog breeds are known to be natural pointers
Small and Large Munsterlaenders, though many other breeds
will point and retrieve Munsterlaenders should do so naturally.
18. What bird dog breed has the Elhew line?
19. What bird dog breed is known for the Rynman line?
20. What bird dog breed is known for the Laverack line?
21. What bird dog breed is known for the Candlewood line?
None, it is a retriever line.
22. What bird dog breed is known for the Rebel Rouser Line?
23. What bird dog breed is known for the Topbrass line?
None, it is a Golden Retriever line
24. What bird dog breed is known for the Springset lines?
25. Which bird dog breeds have docked tails?
German Shorthairs, German Wirehairs, Griffons, Weimys, Vizslas,
26. Which bird dog breeds have long tails in the breed standard?
Pointers, English Setters, Gordon Setters, Irish Setters,
Large and Small Munsterlaenders
27. Which bird dog breed recently removed the name spaniel
from it's name?
28. Which bird dog breed can be found born with a short tail?
29. Which bird dog breed is known for the VDD?
German Wirehair Pointer, or Drahthaar
30. Which bird dog breed is known for NAVHDA?
None, NAVHDA is for versatile breeds it is not a breed specific
31. Which bird dog breed had only twelve dogs left after WWII?
The Vizsla, they were the dogs of the Hungarian Royalty. Hungary
was on the losing side of three wars between 1880-1950s. In short
being of the royals after WWII the communists nearly made the
32. Which bird dog breed made a big splash in the US. in the
33. Which bird dog breed is also known as Deutsch Kurzhaar?
German Shorthair Pointer
34. Which bird dog breed is also know as Deutsch Drahthaar?
German Wirehair Pointer
35. When were the first four bird dog breeds added to the
36. Which were the first four bird dog breeds added to the
English Setters, Gordon Setters, Irish Setters and Pointers
37. Which is the last breed of bird dog registered with the
38. When was the last breed of bird dog registered with the
Vizsla was first registered in 1960
39. What was an AKC breed first the Brittany or the Wirehaired
The Griffon 1887 the Brit wasn't recognized for 50 years later
40. Which breed was recognized by the AKC first, the Weimaraner
or the Wirehair?
The Weimy was recognized in 1943, the Wirehair was recognized
41. Which breed of bird dog is known for tri-colors?
English Setters, also French Brittanys
42. Which breed of bird dog is known for lemons?
43. Which breed of bird dog is known for curly coats?
None, Curly Coats refers to retrievers.
43. Which breed of bird dog is known as the grouse king?
Two English and Gordon Setters
44. Which two breeds of bird dog have wirehaired cousins that
are not AKC registerable?
Vizsla and Weimaraner
45. What is rarest of the AKC bird dog breeds?
German Wirehair Pointer
46. What bird dog breed comes from Italy?
47. What bird dog breeds come from England?
English Setter, Pointer
48. What bird dog breed comes from Scotland?
49. What bird dog breeds comes from Ireland?
Irish Setter, Red & White Setter, Red Setter
50. What bird dog breeds come from Germany?
German Shorthair Pointer, German Wirehair Pointer, Wirehair
Pointing Griffon, Weimaraner
51. What bird dog breeds come from Denmark?
Large and small Munsterlaenders
52. What bird dog breed is known for the Celtic line?
Irish or Red Setters
53. What bird dog breed is known for the Rawhide line?
Largest hunting & dog site on the net
We have five basic web/magazine
advertising packages to suit all needs.
For only $75 per year, you will
get your own 20 word ad with one picture on a page we will set
up for you on our site (example),
a link to your own page (if you have one) and the same ad will
run in the print version of Bird Dog & Retriever News minus
Larger Display ads are also available
to run in the magazine and on the net (example).
For $300 a year we offer a full
web page with eight pictures and a page worth of text. You will
also be featured in our print publication (example).
For $500 a year we offer a Domain
web page (www.YourBusiness.com) With a Domain ad you get up to
25 pictures and 20 pages of text. We will also feature you in
a one time full page ad in our print version, with a listing in
every issue. (example).
We also offer links for $50 a
year which will link you on our web site and give you a listing
in our print publication (example).
Just email, fax or mail us your
ad and a billing address, we'll do the rest.
Copyrights Bird Dog &
Retriever News June 1999
Do not reproduce or retransmit in any form
Maintained by Dennis Guldan
Bird Dog & Retriever News, 563 17th Ave NW, \New Brighton,